Thursday, April 23, 2015

You can take the Midwest out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of the Midwest

Yea, yea, yea, I know my title is a bit backwards. But after 5 years of not living much in the Midwest, and even more years of wanting to be out of the Midwest, I don't feel like a Midwesterner. My midwestern heart has been replaced with wanderlust and strong southern leanings. But despite my best attempts to not live in the Midwest, it's a place I guess I just can't escape.

Despite its location {and long, depressing, cold, ugly winters}, I am so so so excited to announce I have accepted a position to teach a 6th-8th combined class at Providence Christian Academy in Schererville, Indiana!

Although I'm a bit nervous about the prospect of teaching the kids and grandkids of people who are closely connected with my family (they watched me grow up--yikes!), I also know it will be a great blessing to return to a close, supportive community of parents, coworkers, and students. I am so excited about the age of the students I'll have the privilege to teach and mentor, a small classroom size, the commitment to a great Christian education, and the manageable distance to my parents, 1 brother, and sister, as well as the close proximity of my other brother and soon-to-be niece or nephew!!


Through this application and interview period, it has been clear that God has been working both in the circumstances and in my heart. Things have been coming together so well, and I am so excited and peaceful about this decision. Thank you all for your prayers, and praise God from whom all blessings flow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment