Sunday, October 5, 2014

Gracias a Dios for this day and this place

Our house church was cancelled this morning, so I spent the morning exploring in Gracias and hiked up to the San Cristobal Fort to do some sightseeing and reading. As homesick as I've been lately, it's impossible not to appreciate the beauty all around me here! Here are some pictures I took this morning as well as a video that a friend found of Gracias.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=475310842610887&set=vb.127171764091465&type=2&theater

Leaf Cutter Ants don't believe in a day of rest-- they carry close to 10 times their body weight!  


approaching the fort


entrance to the fort



There were a bunch of statues similar to this outside of the fort, and I wish I knew a little bit about their history.






I found swings up by the fort much to my delight! This may be my new favorite spot in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment