Thursday, October 2, 2014

Questions

Yesterday I told my students that for devotions on Friday I wanted to be able to address questions they had about God, the Bible, Christianity, the church, etc....anything really that they might want to ask. I told them to be thinking about their questions, that they'd be writing them down anonymously on Thursday, and I'd answer some on Friday morning. I collected those questions today and what an insight it is into my students, even if I don't know who wrote which questions. I love the questions I got, even if I find some of them intimidating. In no particular order, here is the list of questions I got from them. I've translated them into understandable English as much as I could where it was necessary. I hope you enjoy the slight picture of my students as much as I did, and I hope you'll be praying for me and for them as we begin to grapple with some of these hard questions together tomorrow!

God

Who created God?

Who is the mother of God? Who is the grandmother of God?

What is the name of God? What is the real name of God?

Why is God called alpha and omega? 

How is the face of God?

How many years does God have? 

How did God get to the skies?

Where did God get his power?

What does God do when he is lonely?


Jesus

Who was the mother of the mother of Jesus? (like who is the mother of Maria the Mother of Jesus)?

How many names did Jesus have?

Why was Jesus baptized if he was the Son of God?

Where does God have his Son?

Why did God choose Jesus to be his Son?


Salvation

Why does Jesus want to save us?

How old was Jesus when He died for our sins? 

When did Jesus die?


Creation

When did God create the world? 

How did God create the world? 
Why did God create the world?

Why did God create us?

Was Adam a baby? 

What is the first word of Adam?



Sin/Evil/Satan

Why did God let Adam and Eve eat the tree of the bad? 

Who created the devil?

Was Satan an angel? 

For what Satan was an angel and wants the place of Jesus? 

Where does it say that Satan was an angel?

For what Satan is bad?

Why did Satan become bad? 

Why does Satan exist? 

Why could only Jesus see Satan?


End Times/Heaven

When will we go to heaven?

When we die do we go to heaven right away or do we stay in our body and then when Christ comes we stand up and go with Him? 

Can you tell us about the coming of Jesus? 

Is it true in the book of Revelation that the monster comes and kills us if we don’t put the mark in the hand or on the head?


Bible

Who created/invented the Bible?

Why did God create the Bible? 

How did God write the Bible?

How many years does the Bible have?


Noah (we’ve been reading about Noah in our devotions)

What happened when Noah let the animals pass? 

Why did God tell Noah to build the ark?

Why did God want to end humanity? 


Random 

Who is God’s favorite angel?

If God created all we can see and I think we see ufo’s and aliens, and the Bible says all the persons or alive things are brothers so we’re brothers with them then. What impact would have the Catholic church if Obama or somebody big with population (teacher note: I think he means popularity) says aliens are real and they want to kill us?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. We should be like these kids and ask more questions.

    Hope you are recovering quickly, Emily. You're in our thoughts at Palos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I told them I wanted them to ask good questions, questions that would make me wonder and work hard for answers as well, and I definitely got some of those!

      Thank you! I feel 100% better by now! ( :

      Delete